SPECIAL SALE PRICE: $75 Class and Range Fee
(Must pay full $75 in advance, $95 without full advance payment)
Weekend classes held on the dates listed on the Schedule tab under Texas LTC, to the left. The full class and range will complete on the same day.
Weeknight classes held via agreed schedule by both of us. Weeknight will require two nights.
Special classes may be set up at JL's Guns discretion.
EMAIL NOW AND RESERVE YOUR SPOT Texas License to Carry
What do you need to get started?
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will sign you up and provide you with a reservation in the class of your choice.
5. Next you should go online to the Texas Dept. of Public Service and fill out the application and affidavits. Click here to go to the TDPS site.
6. Print off the final page with your bar code.
7. Use the LINK to the Digital Fingerprint site on the page sent by TDPS, and schedule your digital fingerprinting. You need to have the bar code from TDPS before doing this.
8. I will teach the classroom, provide all other paperwork needed, conduct the range portion, review for and administer the test.
9. You must provide firearm (.32 cal. or higher), 50 rounds of ammo, eye, and ear protection, drivers license, range fee, and the class fee.
We can also arrange special classes if you want the training at a location of your choice. Special classes require a minimum of 6 students.
Your instructor is a licensed NRA and Texas DPS trained Concealed Handgun instructor. He is also an Expert marksman with both Rifle and Pistol while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps.
This is a list of some, but not all of the requirements that apply for application. Please access the Texas DPS website for the complete list.
- You must be 21 years of age at the time that DPS receives your package.
- Active duty military and veterans discharged under honorable conditions must be 18 years of age at the time that DPS receives your package.
- Residents of any other state may apply for a Non - Resident Texas CHL. You must have a valid drivers license from your state or a Texas ID card. You must take the class in Texas.
- You can not have been convicted of a felony.
- You can not be currently charged with the commission of a felony, a Class A or B misdemeanor, or a Class C misdemeanor (Disorderly Conduct).
- You must not be a fugitive from justice for a felony or a Class A or B misdemeanor.
- You must not be a chemically dependent person.
- You must not be incapable of exercising sound judgment with respect to the proper use and storage of a handgun.
- You must not have been convicted in the five years before the date of application of a Class A or B misdemeanor or a Class C (Disorderly Conduct).
- You must not be finally determined to be delinquent in making child support payments, paying taxes, or paying Student loans.
- You must not be restricted under a protective order or restraining order affecting the spousal relationship.
- You must be fully qualified under federal and state law to purchase a handgun.
- You must not have been adjudicated as having engaged in delinquent conduct violating a felony-grade law within 10 years of the date of application.
- You must not have made any material misrepresentation or failed to disclose any material fact in an application or request for application.
- Applications should be filled out online with Texas DPS website for new students. Go to http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/chlsindex.htm by clicking on here.
- After completing the application and paying, there will be a page for you to print out. It contains a bar code number and link to get fingerprinted.
- Click the above mentioned link to set up an appointment to get your fingerprints taken electronically. You will be selecting a site nearest to you and setting an appointment. Your fingerprints will be sent in to the state by the agency that takes them.
- You do not have to get the fingerprints done prior to attending the CHL class.
- Renewals must go online and complete this same process and the state will determine if you need new fingerprints or pictures.
- You will need proof of ID, a Texas Drivers License.
- After completing the training class, you will forward all of the completed paperwork in the packet to the DPS. DPS will process all applications within 30 to 60 days.
- You have up to 1 year after taking the class as a New applicant, to forward the completed paperwork to DPS.
- Licenses are issued for a minimum 4 year period for the first term. Licenses are good for 5 years and renew on your birthday starting with the second term.
TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS..........
Everyday, unless you live in a cave, you are bombarded with news of events that shake the foundations of our society. Murder, rape, molestations, kidnappings, spousal abuse, and terrorist activities, are becoming the main topics of everyday life.
DON'T LET YOURSELF BECOME A VICTIM!!!
Taking firearms safety classes, firearms training, and getting a Texas Concealed Handgun License are the first steps to ensuring that you have the opportunity to protect those that you love. Along with this comes the responsibility of knowing your rights, knowing the laws, and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.
The decision to obtain a Texas Concealed Handgun License is a huge responsibility. You need to be aware of the risk for legal action, civil action, financial loss, and the emotional pain that can result from the use of a firearm to eliminate a threat to your family or self. Having a concealed handgun license is not about the wild wild west with a 6 gun strapped to your hip. It should be about making intelligent choices and using common sense to protect your loved ones or assets.
Enjoy your visit!
Texas License to Carry, Corinth LTC, Flower Mound LTC, Denton LTC, Lewisville LTC, Coppell LTC, Carrollton LTC, DFW LTC, Dallas LTC, Ft. Worth LTC, Grapevine LTC, Argyle LTC, Texas Concealed Handgun License, Texas CHL, Pistols, Firearm Training, guns, shooting, Basic Handgun Training, handguns, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Dallas, Ft. Worth, concealed handgun license, rifles, DFW CHL, Dallas CHL, Ft. Worth CHL, Lewisville CHL, Flower Mound CHL, Grapevine CHL, DFW firearms training, Dallas/Ft. Worth CHL, Dallas/Ft. Worth Basic Handgun Training, firearms, Carrollton CHL, Denton CHL, Argyle CHL, Corinth CHL, Coppell CHL